The phrases “Can you just…” or “When you get a minute…” are well recognised by Maintenance Engineers the world over. These phrases typically lead to a member of the maintenance team performing a minor task that may not be truly value adding.
Managing these requests is a must for any maintenance department that wants to be seen to be adding true value to an organisation.
Have you considered implementing a Work Request System?
A Work Request System enables maintenance managers to actively manage the engineering workload:
- Prioritise requests into either high or low ensures key requests are responded to in a timely fashion.
- Track outputs for each team member ensures that workloads are spread equally throughout the department.
- Implement component codes to create a forum for analysing repairs and understanding if the department needs to lend focus to bearing, shafts, chains, sprockets, electrical components, etc.
- Track the number of requests open versus closed
- Measure Mean Time to Repair and Mean Time to Close requests to establish baselines and use them as departmental KPI’s to drive performance.
If you’d like to find out more about how to implement a Work Request System that’s right for your business, get in touch.